Thursday, December 31, 2009

All Set To Go

I've been going over all the written pages I have for the first novel I have planned. There's two different versions so far that I can work with. At the moment Love, Life and Friends is sitting at 6,500 words of complete rubbish with a storyline craftily hidden in there. I'm ready to start it over from scratch come tomorrow and give it a complete rewrite. I'm going to write an outline later today but first I'm going to spend the rest of the day researching for 'My American Adventure'.

I've worked out that I need to find a heck of a lot of info on streets, roads and towns in Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. I'm going to print out a map of America and mark the routes they'll take during the story and then I'll get a closer map of the area the story will be set in and then I'll be able to mark in some roads/streets to use in the story. I have to say since I have no idea about America whatsoever since I live in the UK this is going to be fun for me. I'm going to start researching Illinois and Tennessee first since they're where most of the story will be taking place and then I'll research Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana since they're important to the story but not a lot of action takes place in them.

Other than that I'm going to just sit around and watch House M.D Dvd's all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment