Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 1 : Midnight Start

I kicked off the new year with the last 4 episodes of House M.D Season 3, a bottle of fizzy water, chocolates leftover from Christmas and a blank Word Document sitting in front of me. An hour and a half later and I've already got 2,636 words of my 600,000. It's not as much as I could type in an hour and a half but it's still a pretty decent amount considering I had set my January 1st target at being 3,000 words. I think it's safe to say I'll reach that amount.

The chapters are short, I've just started Chapter 4, and they're pretty sparce in details I think. I was using the original, hand written copy as a staring point and guideline to get the storyline back in my head and the story is a little lacking in direction right now but hopefully with the whole day ahead of me I think I can make the story stronger and I can fix the beginning in a rewrite at a later point.

Total Wordcount: 2,636
Wordcount for Day: 2,636
Last Sentence Typed:
'It bounced of his bed.'

No comments:

Post a Comment