Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 33: Writing Again.

I am officially writing again. I went back over all my totals from January again and my total is actually 33,981 not whatever I put yesterday. I have 16 stories that I wrote during January (well 13 stories, 2 short stories and 1 script). I'm back working on Love, Life and Friends at the moment. I've worked out that with my target of 66,019 I need to write around 2,450 words everyday. My wordcount for the day is currently 4,414 so I think I'm doing well. If I keep going at this rate I'm hoping that I can get Love, Life and Friends finished by the end of this week. I start work at the British Red Cross tomorrow at 10am and I think I'm working through til 5pm but I'm not 100% sure on my working hours yet. I won't be doing much writing during Mondays to Thursdays now since those are the days that I'll be working but Friday to Sunday I'll be able to write like a maniac again.

So, my goal for this week is basically to get Love, Life and Friends finished. I haven't been on the WriYe website for a while and I'm not sure whether they'll have culled me or not...I keep meaning to go on it but I never get around to it. I think I'm just gonna let them cull me, having to keep checking the site was sort of getting on my nerves so it'll be easier for me to just update on my progress here. I'll still keep my target of 600,000 words for the year and then maybe next year I'll keep posting on the WriYe website and stick to it. I'm hoping that Love, Life and Friends will come in near the 50k mark, it's at 10k just now. I don't think there's going to be enough story in the first draft for more than 50k, at least it doesn't look like it at the moment. Once I get that story done I'm going to go back to working on California Bound to get that story finished. California Bound is sitting on around 9k words at the moment but I've been figuring out the storyline for it a bit more so I know roughly where everything is going.

I'm hoping that by the end of February I'll have completed Love, Life and Friends and California Bound and have my next novel started. Not sure which story I want to write next, my list from the start of the year has been completely thrown out of the window. I'm thinking I might try rewriting my NaNo 07, ever since I got the proof copy from Createspace I've been reading through it and seeing a lot of mistakes that I want to fix. So, Love, Life and Friends, California Bound and Destiny Approaches. That's my February sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment