Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 32: February!

Would you look at that! It's February! January flew by. I'll admit I didn't do much writing during the end of it but I did get some done so let me just get the old calculator out and see how much I wrote during January...

January Total - 36,249 words.

So, I was 13,751 words short of my monthly 50K total. To make up for that my goal for February is 63,751 to make sure that I stay on track.

I think I'll continue working on Love, Life and Friends and California Bound in February and I'm also counting what I type for California Bound's script in my wordcount. I hope that I'll get all three completely finished during this month and hopefully I'll get a good start on whatever story I had planned for February, I'll have to check to remember what it was.

I'm thinking I might struggle with the wordcount goal a bit now that I've got a job...well, almost got a job. I've got an interview with the British Red Cross today at 11am but I was there Wed, Thur and Fri last week to fill in forms and stuff like that so I think the interview is just a formality at this point. So, that's a good thing. Next step is getting a job that actually pays me since the Red Cross job is voluntary. If you're wondering why I'm going for a voluntary job instead of a paying job it's because I have no experience working in retail shops so I'm going for experience and also because I haven't had a job in almost 3 years.

And while I'm here, California Bound : The Movie is coming along nicely. I've been working on the first part of the animation, the first scene is completely storyboarded and I've begun working on the backgrounds for scene two (one is complete and coloured). I was using Flash to piece it all together for timing purposes but it decided to break on me yesterday and I can't fix it so I've switched to ToonBoom for the moment and I have no idea how to use it so this is causing a problem in my animating department. In the voice acting department, I've had 6 people sign up to audition for roles, 1 being a friend, 2 being Lizzy's friends and 3 from the NaNoWriMo forums. I've emailed all of them (except my friend, we talk over msn) but I haven't had anyone get back to me yet about it. I'm thinking this could be for two reasons. 1. The fact that I mentioned the script wasn't finished, they might not like that I'm working in chunks rather than a straight A to B. 2. They didn't like the concept and have decided not to go ahead with the voice audition afterall. Neither bother me and if that is their decision then that's fine but I would appreciate it if they got back to me, even if it was to request a longer script...I have written a little more now than when I first emailed them. I really want this project to work so I'm working really hard on it but it'll collapse under me if I can't get a good team of actors behind me.

So, fingers crossed that they'll all get back to me soon and also that I can keep up with work, writing and animating.

No comments:

Post a Comment