Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1: Happy New Year

I stayed up until 3AM this morning writing purely because I couldn't sleep for the amount of fireworks going off in my area. They were pretty to look at though. :)

I kept writing up until ten to three and then gave up. I've now got a solid 4,681 words to kick off my year of writing. I'm not stopping at that either. My family will be sitting down for a lovely meal together (I'm such a fussy eater that instead of having the traditional chicken/turkey/beef/whatever I'm getting a cheeseburger :D) in about an hour or so and then I'll stick around and chat with my gran for a bit afterwords and then it'll be straight back up the stairs to park my butt in a chair, turn on House M.D Season 4 (I like a little background noise when writing) and start pounding the crap out of my keyboard so I can get as much of the beginning of the story out as I can today. My original plan was to have 3,000 words by the end of today, I've already passed that so my new target is 7,500.

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone. This is usually the time that people will give their New Year resolutions. I only have one: Get Fit. Seriously, I'm a healthy weight and I'm not fat or anything but I get out of breath climbing two flights of stairs because of the amount of junk food that I eat. I very rarely exercise so that's what my resolution is for the year, to exercise everyday and get in shape. :)

Off to eat my junk food New Year meal :P

No comments:

Post a Comment