Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 24: Rubber Chicken.

I had an amazing weekend! It was so much fun, I haven't laughed so hard in ages. The main thing that I'll remember from the weekend was the rubber chicken. During one of the main sessions of the conference there was a drama performance. They had a rubber chicken which they used to say they were making chicken for a meal but then when they couldn't find the doll that was supposed to be the baby they used the chicken as the baby instead. The chicken made an appearance with the mime afterwards, he was a little upset that the chicken got a bigger applause than he did, and it also made an appearance when the storyteller mentioned the word chicken in his story (someone in the wings launched the chicken across the stage and the storyteller couldn't stop laughing.)

But anyway, that was the weekend. I took my proof copy of my 2007 NaNo novel with me to read over and edit and I took an A4 notepad and a printed version of California Bound so I could edit what I've got and also start working on a script...none of that happened. My weekend was literally busy from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed, I didn't have a moments spare time. So, I got no work done over the weekend whatsoever. I'm going to be working on scripts and things over the next few days, I've had a few people saying they'd like to voice someone and I'm eager to get scripts out to them so I can see how they sound.

I'm going for a job tomorrow! Big thing for me considering I haven't ever had a job....ever! It's not a paid job, I don't have any experience for things like that yet. I'm going to see if I can get a voluntary job in a British Red Cross shop in the high street near me, I'd love to do my bit for a charity and Red Cross seems like a good one. I'm pretty sure they're helping out in Haiti at the moment. I really hope they take me on, as much as I like having all day every day to do whatever I want whenever I want I've gotten some pretty bad habits from it so getting a job of any kind will help me in a huge way I think.

Anyway, that's enough from me. If anyone has any information on voice actors then please feel free to email me at:
no_brains@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment