Saturday, December 25, 2010

December 25th : Merry Christmas!

Christmas is almost over! Mine was rather....dull. I got some good presents but the overall day was pretty naff. My dad and brother both have a really bad bout of the flu and have been in their beds the entire day (my dad made it down for our dinner but was sick afterwards, my brother hasn't left his room all day.) My mum and I went to visit my Gran in the hospital, she's doing better than the last time I saw her, which is good but I'm not a fan of hospitals and I had to sit for two hours listening to her going on about me getting married next year (Which isn't happening. I'm only 20 for a start and I don't even have a boyfriend at the moment either.) Like I said, overall it was a pretty lousy Christmas.

On to the good part of the day, the presents. I got a few really nice surprises in my gifts this year. I got:
-JLS's CD
-Bon Jovi's Greatest Hits
-Inception on DVD
-Les Miserable on DVD
-Kinect for the Xbox
-Dance Central for the Kinect
-One of those fleecey blankets with the sleeves :P
-Tickets to Hairspray at the Edinburgh Playhouse for Boxing Day!

I was really excited about the Hairspray tickets, I wasn't expecting them at all and they're really good tickets too! Row D, four rows from the front :D I seriously can't wait. I'm going with my mum so it'll be awesome. As I had expected though, I haven't gotten any writing done today and now I know for a fact that I won't get any done tomorrow.

It's beginning to look like this novel is never going to get finished but I should hopefully have a shiny new front cover for it by the end of tomorrow so hopefully that'll give me a burst of inspiration and energy that'll help me to get back into my flow of writing again. I've been waiting on this cover for a while but my name is finally at the top of the list and I'm excited to see what the artist comes up with for my book.

Anyway, Merry Christmas again.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment