Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 20: Oops, I Missed A Few Days.

Wow, I haven't posted anything here in almost a week! I have a reason for that, really. I've been busy...just not with writing. I haven't written anything in a while. I've been working on some animations. Small practice animations to help me get better at 2D animations before I tackle doing California Bound : The Movie. I want to get back to writing but I just don't seem to have the energy for it at the moment. I probably won't get any writing done this week, I'll probably attempt to get some done next week but I've been so tired lately that it probably won't happen. All my energy, when I'm awake, focuses on my animations.

I have no idea where all my enthusiasm from the start of the year went but it's definitely gone now. I'm going to try and get it back this weekend. I'm going away to a conference in Eastbourne this weekend, leaving VERY early Friday morning (which will kill me) and coming back Sunday afternoon. I can't take my laptop with me so I'll have no access to internet or my word docs but hopefully being away from them for three days will give me some renewed energy for when I get back to them and I'll start writing again...hopefully.

So, on the writing front it's pretty much the same as last time I posted. On every other front...well, let's see. The art lesson with Hannah went very well. For being seven years old she did a really good drawing of Snow White (Sure it wasn't up to Disney standard but it was really good for her first attempt.) For her next lesson, which will be next Saturday I think, we're going to draw Snow White again and then Ariel, her favourite Disney Princess.

The animations are going well, I've got the drawing thing down, I think. I did a short animation of a boy rolling his eyes and opening his mouth like he was speaking. It was 21 drawings, which is about 1 second of animation unless it's slowed down slightly. I need to work on the movement of the head and get better facial expressions. Considering I want to start animating California Bound, I'm going to take a scene from it and try to animate that. I've got basic sketches down for Cody and Pippa, so I know what they look like or at least how they should look. Since I'm not all that great at really drawing in my own style, I'm trying to recreate a Disney style with this animation and so I've based my characters on two Disney characters: Cody is based on Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet and Pippa is based on Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I've written down a 45 step plan that will lead from the early stages of this scene animation right through to completion, I'm currently on Step 2. As you can probably tell by how much I talk about it, I am quite passionate about animation. It used to be 3D animation (which is what I studied in college) but it's now definitely 2D, I've fallen in love with it.

So, to sum up this post in a paragraph. I'm going to start writing again on Monday, I'm going to start animating the scene for California Bound over the weekend during my free time, I'll post a link to it once it's uploaded on YouTube so you can tell me what you think. I'm putting out an open request for voice actors! I need a male and a female because as a Scottish girl trying to be an American girl and guy it really doesn't work. So if you could help me out or know someone who could PLEASE let me know so I can send you a rough script so you can record your voice and send the voice clip back to me, I would love you guys FOREVER! and you would get to be in a movie once I start the proper thing...if you wanted to go for the whole movie and not just the small scene clip. I'm rambling but the begging needed to be done. Who knows, my little animated movie could become the next big YouTube hit and your voice would be in it :P I suppose while I'm at it I could add that I'll need 3 more guy voices for the other main characters in the film...just throwing that out there.

Anyway, enough talking from me. I'm never skipping six days again, even if I have nothing to really report on I'll think of something to put in here. So, if you and/or your friends would like to be my ultimate best friends by recording your voices for my movie please leave a comment to let me know and I will love you all forever because you would seriously be helping me out ALOT, especially considering I don't really know enough guys to help out with the voices. I really am begging with this, I need the voices to be done before the animation starts because I need to know the timing of the voices so I can animate the people. Am I begging too much now? I'm getting annoying aren't I? I'll stop now.



Please?

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. I (unfortunately) have nothing to record my voice with, otherwise I would jump at the chance to help you out. I've always wanted to do voice work. Anyway, I'll ask my friends if they can do it. I'll let you know by the weekend, okay?

    And good luck with ... everything. =D

    -Lizzy<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! Thank you!

    I'm away this weekend but I'll be sure to check back here first thing Monday morning. I've asked around my own friends and they've been extremely unhelpful, but it'd be great if some of your friends could help. I've decided to go ahead and jump straight into the proper animation, so I now need a female and 4 males XD

    But, yeah, any help will be hugely appreciated and the more voices I get the better (I'll have plenty of small parts to fill as well as the big 5 :D

    ReplyDelete