Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 7: Edit!

We're a week into the year! Well, near enough anyway. Let's reflect on how badly I've done lately :P

My original goal was to write 1,613 words every day with the overall target of having 50,000 words by the end of the month. After the first day I decided that I wanted to write 5,000 words every day which would give me an overall target of 155,000 by the end of the month. I'm currently sitting somewhere between the two.

I started the month off with the plan to write at least 50,000 words for my WiP Love, Life and Friends and so far I have written around 7,000 for it. I have currently abandoned that novel in favour of my untitled novel at the moment which is sitting at 5,802 words.

I decided two hours ago that I wanted to edit the untitled novel before continuing with it after recieving a few comments about it. So, I'm currently editing page 8 of 15 and will be adding all the changes before continuing.

So, currently, my new goals stand as this:

Target Wordcount Per Day: 3,000
Target Final Wordcount: 105,000
Novel(s) For January: Love, Life and Friends (50k) Untitled (55k)

The amounts in brackets are the minimums that I want for the stories, I'm hoping that they'll be much longer than that, especially the untitled one.

Anyway, that's all I have to update on at the moment. I'm going to finish editing all the pages and putting in the changes before I go to bed, which at this rate will be around 3AM again. Tomorrow when I get up I'll be ready to jump straight into continuing to write my untitled novel.

(Have I stressed enough that that novel is untitled? I really can't think of one for it and it's annoying me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment