Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5: Drawing and Writing

I'm going to reach yesterday's goals today, definitely. Ideally I want to double yesterday's goal so that I'm back on target but if I manage to write the 4k and nothing else I'll be happy.

I've got to split my focus today. I'm going to be tutoring a friend's little girl soon to help her with her drawing and I need to start working on the first lesson that I'll give her. So I've come up with a plan. I rediscovered my dad's Lord of the Rings DVD's this morning and I'm going to watch them all in a big marathon today. So, while watching the first film I'm going to be working on the art lesson, while watching the second film I'll be writing and while watching the third film I'll be researching for my future planned novels. As long as I don't get too distracted by the films I should get plenty of work done.

And speaking of future planned novels, I came up with a new idea a few days ago that I really want to work on so I'm doing 2 novels this month. Although I still need to research the new novel a bit (it's set in America). I'm keeping this one a secret until it's underway though, that way if I don't start it I can use it next year instead.

So, the plan for today is pretty much this, writing wise:

Target Wordcount: 4,000
Target Total Wordcount: 29,000

Ideal Target Wordcount: 8,000
Ideal Total Worcount: 33,000

We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. That's a brilliant idea, using the LotR dvds. One day this year I should try that using the Harry Potter series. I've got all six. =D

    -Lizzy<3

    ReplyDelete