Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 8: What Have I Written?

So, considering my two novels that I'm actually working on this month make up such a small amount of my overall total I thought I would list exactly what I've written so far this month.



Love, Life and Friends - The Girls = 4,075

Love, Life and Friends - The Guys = 3,179 (L,L+F Total = 7,254)

California Bound = 5,887

For The Love Of My Daughter = 1,650 (Short Story)

Moving = 627 (Beginning of novel I might work on later in the year)

Cut = 876 (Short Story)

Dreams Come True...Right? = 333 (Beginning of novel I might work on later in the year)

The Office = 5,121 (Beginning of novel I will work on later in the year)

Love Is Blind = 809 (Beginning of novel I will work on later in the year)

Lucky Stars = 2,537 (Beginning of novel I will work on later in the year)

If Only... = 1,301 (Beginning of novel I will work on later in the year)

Lands Of Sildoon = 1,547 (Beginning of novel I will work on later in the year)

Expect The Unexpected = 967 (Beginning of novel I will work on later in the year)

Once Upon A Time = 587 (Beginning of novel I will work on later in the year)



Adding all those numbers up gives me my current total of 30,169 words. I'm really impressed with myself despite having about 3 non writing days so far. I'm only going for a low target of 3,000 words today since I have a lot of other stuff to do that's going to keep me busy for most of the day but I think I'll manage to get at least 3k. I want to try and get California Bound up to 10,000 words today if I can and then tomorrow I'll go back to working on Love, Life and Friends.

I still need to do more research for California Bound since I still don't know what route they take to travel across the country and that's probably the most important part of the story. I'll probably do that on Sunday when I have more time to just sit and write/research. Today and tomorrow are absolutely jam packed for me. I'm also wanting to get back to Love, Life and Friends because my inspiration is running a little low for California Bound. There's something about Jason's character that just zaps any energy I have for the story. Curse you Jason *shakes fist* That being said, Cody and Pippa give me tons of inspiration and Karl...well...we all love Karl.

On the Love, Life and Friends front, since I'm talking about everything in this post. I'm at a pretty big point in the story plot wise but I'm not really sure how to proceed with it. I'm going to give it some thought throughout the rest of the day and hopefully, come tomorrow, I'll have it all planned out and everything will be fine. I love all the characters in this story, none of them give me as much trouble as Jason does so I don't tend to hover over the keyboard as much with this. The only problem I have is losing motivation far too quickly. I think I've already hit the wall for this story and all I need to do is push through it and everything will be fine again.

And while I'm here I might as well add that my research wall for My American Adventure has gotten bigger over the past few days. It's starting to dominate my wall and is looking full of information. I've decided to mostly ditch the last idea I had for the plot for this and I'll come up with a newer, better idea closer to the time. I'm hoping that with all the information that I have for this story it'll flow smoothly and I won't have any problems with it. I'm looking forward to meeting my characters for it, I'm sure they'll be an eccentric bunch. I haven't done any planning character wise for this, other than figuring out that there will be a girl and two guys and a family of people.


Well, I don't think I've done a post this long since my very first one way back in December! I'm going to stop rambling on now and actually do some writing. I came up with a few good scenes for California Bound last night while I was sleeping and managed to wake myself long enough to write them down so I need to get to the point where I can add those scenes in. I'm hoping that the little bit about Jason that's in one of the parts I wrote down will help to open his character up to me a little bit more and I won't get stuck everytime I have to write about him.

Anyway, no more talking! Sorry about the super long post, I guess I had more to say than I thought. I'll go back to writing now and leave you alone for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment